[XeTeX] texlive and xetex

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Mon Jan 6 17:09:03 CET 2014

Le 03/01/2014 16:27, Elim Qiu a écrit :
> I just installed texlive basic and latex cjk to ubuntu 13.10 of my
> triple-boot xp osx lnx D430 with total hdd space 120Gb.
>
> I wonder whether such installation of texlive includes all xetex or not
> 'cause I really interested in xetex.
>
> I also like to know how xetex use a particular ttf chinese font.

The best thing to do if you want a complete that you can configure
according to your wishes, il to install texlive from CTAN, using the
installer provided by the site.

texlive from linux distributions are often obsolete and they don't
provide the tlmgr tool that allows you to update texlive when you wish
and not when the distro packagers have time to do it!

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique