[XeTeX] Tamil unicode character not displaying correctly

dsv ojdfpiv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 15:15:21 CET 2014

I uninstalled whatever tex I had obtained via the Synaptic Package Manager
and installed the latest version from the tug.org website. The problem I
had been facing disappeared! Thanks for the tips.

I don't know who maintains texlive in the Ubuntu repository. I would be
instructive to upgrade that to the latest version as many people I know use
a package manager (apt-get or Synaptic) to install software. If Ubuntu says
that I have the latest version of a certain software, I tend to believe it.
In this case, that was disproved.