[XeTeX] xetex-itrans map for Gujarati

Himanshu Pota himanshu.pota at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 21:16:40 CET 2014

I did have a look a the Gujarati text Shree Deviji sent.

Most of it is all right but the following are not rendered right:
Rga ga^r aa.c Da.N
L and ld are equivalent; L is fine but ld is not rendered right.

In summary ld Rga ga^r aa.c Da.N are not right. I suspect some of them may
not have a unicode.

I am attaching the original itrans guj document which has the intended
output.

Thanks.

On 1 January 2015 at 00:05, Shrisha Rao <shrao at dvaita.org> wrote:

> There seems to be some problem with the itrans-sguj mapping; it produces
> gibberish with every Gujarati font I tried.  The other mapping produces a
> readable output but I cannot tell if it is correct, because I only have
> Sanskrit texts to run, nothing in Gujarati.
>
> Regards,
>
> Shrisha Rao
>
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 5:14 PM, ShreeDevi Kumar <shreeshrii at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Attached are the .map and .tec files for ITRANS input to Unicode gujarati
>> conversion for use with Xelatex.
>>
>> Also attached is a sample test file.
>>
>> Please let me know if you notice any errors.
>>
>> ShreeDevi
>> भजन - कीर्तन - आरती @ http://bhajans.ramparivar.com
>>

> --

Himanshu Pota