[XeTeX] Insert Smileys in XeLaTeX

Marek Stepanek marek at munich-taxis.de
Tue Dec 16 17:04:41 CET 2014

Thank you Zdeněk Wagner and Simon Cozens for your immediate help. Very
interesting suggestions you made. I never cared much about font
questions before. I even did not know, where to look for them on my Mac ...

Yes. It is the font Apple Color Emoji. But all tricks (but I dont know
many) to make it render with this font and xelatex were not working.
Also the suggested Symbola-font is not doing it.

Is there an easy way, to map the codepoints with little icons? For
example: UTF8 F0 9F 98 98 (U+1F618 (U+D83D U+DE18)) goes with this icon
etc ...

Thank you again

marek