[XeTeX] Help

Yves Codet yves.codet at sfr.fr
Thu Aug 28 16:29:10 CEST 2014

Hello Anant,

Sorry about the late reply; for some (yet) unknown reason, I don't
receive all messages from the list.

I couldn't see your attachment, which was deleted, but I suppose you
want to type anudatta and svarita (udatta in Unicode terminology).
Those characters don't exist in the keyboard layout which comes with
the system but you can customize it using Ukelele:

http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=ukelele

If you need Unicode codes you might want to have a look at Alan Woods
site:

http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/#links

All relevant characters are in "Devanagari", "Devanagari Extended" and
"Vedic Extensions". The simplest way is to copy characters on the
lists and paste them in the boxes which Ukelele presents you when you
modify the output of a key. In case you want to use less common
characters (those in "Devanagari Extended" and in "Vedic Extensions"),
you will need the font Siddhanta; there's a link to it on the page
"Devanagari Extended".

I hope this will be useful.

Regards,

Yves