[XeTeX] missing fonts on xetex in newbie installation on Mavericks mac

Stratos Paschos paschos.s at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 10:03:43 CEST 2014

Considering that the fonts (Latin Modern Roman) have been installed,
you have to  make them (and
generally the fonts coming with TeX) known by the system. To do that,
follow the suggestion by Herbert Schulz in the following link:

http://macosx-tex.576846.n2.nabble.com/Accessing-TeX-Live-fonts-from-XeTeX-td5383821.html

(substitute 2010 by 2014 in the path)

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Tim <tim.at.ast at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to latex etc.  I want it to write docs with mixed arabic and english.  So I need unicode.
>
> I downloaded the BasicTex package from :https://tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html.
>
> It’s supposed to include xetex, which I gather the is the thing I need for Arabic text.

  . . .

> Thanks!
>

> --
> Tim