[XeTeX] jpg image and text overlapping

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Mon Aug 4 22:49:00 CEST 2014

Stefan Solbrig wrote:
> You can find 'JFIF' of tombe.jpg at position 6, meaning, there are
> six other bytes before the string.

OK, I can see that 'JFIF' in the tombe.jpg file.  But it turns out it's
not in my file at all, only the 'Exif' header is there.  Our sysadmin
guys haven't installed the suggested exiftool tool yet; presumably
exiftool will be capable of *adding* the JFIF header (which I gather
should come before the Exif header, although apparently both headers
want to be first).

Turns out GIMP will also save it with both the JFIF and Exif headers,
and that works with XeTeX, and has a batch method.  So I guess I could
use that.

    Mike Maxwell