[XeTeX] Segfault and other problems with \XeTeXpicfile

Rodney Polkinghorne thisrod at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 05:53:46 CEST 2014

> Should a \XeTeXpicfile primitive take a JPG or similar as parameter;
> for a PDF, do you not want \XeTeXpdffile ?

I think you're right.  Picfile used to handle with PDF images, but
apparently not anymore.  Thanks.

By the way, is there a more detailed description of these primitives than
the XeTeX manual?

P.S.  Are you related to Peter Polkinghorne, with whom I used to
> work at Bedford College ?  If so, please pass on my very best wishes

Not closely.  My Polkinghorne ancestors emigrated to Australia 150 years
ago.