[XeTeX] XeTeX (/not/ XeLaTeX) : Marginal kerning, font protrusion, hyperlinks

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Apr 10 23:36:57 CEST 2014

Robert wrote:

> On 10.04.14 16:53, Philip Taylor wrote:

>> I would like to write :
>>
>>> \XeTeXprotrudechars = 2
>>> \rpcode \fd \TeXtoUnicode `\- = 250
>>> \rpcode \fd \TeXtoUnicode `\. = 150
>>
>> does \TeXtoUnicode already exist,
>
> Yes, it exists: "U" (as explained here:
> http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2010-May/016531.html). So:
>
> \XeTeXprotrudechars = 2
> \rpcode \fd U`\- = 250
> \rpcode \fd U`\. = 150
>
> should do what you want.

Ah, excellent news.  Yes, I confess it can be deduced from the link
that you cite, but it would perhaps have been rather more obvious had
the link used `\<character> rather than "<hex string>.  Perhaps
when/if this information gets added to /The XƎTEX reference guide/,
the examples could include this vital hint.

Philip Taylor