[XeTeX] xelatex on Windows with texlive 2013

Ganesh Vijayakumar ganesh.iitm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 11:51:11 CEST 2014

Dear All,

   I've installed all packages related to xelatex through the tex live
package manager on Windows 8.1. latex, pdflatex work great and there are no
issues. "xetex story" seems to work fine and produces an output. "xetex
opentype-info.tex" also works. However, I can't seem to get xelatex to
work. Typing xelatex on the command line terminal produces no output file
or any command line output. It just returns an empty terminal. Could you
give any clues on getting this rectified?

ganesh