[XeTeX] MAC OS X 10.8.5 - xdvipdfmx error usexobj (beamer - pgf)

Federico Tramarin fedetx at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 14:02:49 CEST 2013

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am experiencing a problem with xelatex, with a very simple
> presentation I
> > wrote using beamer. It was written on a linux machine, and all is working
> > well.
> > Now I am using a mac (last update) with a mactex 2013 base system.
> > All needed packages are installed.
> > I get an error relative to the use of pgf shadows. In particular, xelatex
> > complaints about
> > ** WARNING ** Error locating image file "pgfshadebeamer at headfade"
> > ** WARNING ** Specified (image) object doesn't exist:
> > pgfshadebeamer at headfade
> > ** WARNING ** Interpreting special command usexobj (pdf:) failed.
> > In practice, the pdf produced does not show the gradient on the
> background.
> > Please note that if I add several other pages, they have the correct
> > background. Only the first page is "corrupted".
> >
> > Please, is someone able to help me/reproduce this error?
> > Or simply could you give me some advice on how to solve it?

I can reproduce the problem with TL 2012, TL2013 and miktex 2.9 on
> windows. It goes away if I remove the pstricks related packages and
> commands.

Thak you for your test. This give me a bit of comfort ;)
however, in my linux system I verified that all is going well.
It is a XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.4-0.9998 (TeX Live 2012/Debian)

It only display a final warning
** WARNING ** 6 memory objects still allocated
but the page is formatted correctly with the gradient on the background.

I need pstrick, so the error remains...
Any advice!?

thank you very much

Federico