[XeTeX] Xetex to HTML ?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 11:40:48 CEST 2013

2013/9/17 Fahad Al-Saidi <fahad.alsaidi at gmail.com>:
> Thanks Zdenek. It is difficult to me to attend the TeXperience session. I
> have a question does your tool support xetex and RTL languages?

Yes, it does, but it does not suport math and tables. It was developed
for LaTeX documents with nonstandard markup (for instance in some
books I redefined \chapter so that it requires two parameters). It is
written in perl and all you have to do is to define mappings (or copy
them from my samples), eg \textbf{...} -> <b>...</b>, \textit{...} ->
<i>...</i> etc. The perl script reads the source text almost as TeX,
so \textbf and \textit may be nested. The next step i XSLT (you need
XSLT2 processor such as Saxon). The table of contents and the
navigation file may either be written by hand or created by XSLT,
samples are available. The whole processing is controlled by ant,
sample build.xml files are available. EPS files can be extracted and
converted first by epstopdf and then by pdf2svg and included as SVG.

In fact, it is the third version, I have to convert books that I
typeset withing last 20 years and each book has different
specialities, that's why I decided not to make a canned tool but a
toolbox which can be easily adapted. I learned much from the first two
versions and now with not too much perl programming you can do
whatever you want, put eveything to a single file, split the output so
that each chapter is in its own XHTML file, proces a book that is
built from several TeX files. The tool automatically create all epub
files that can be created, it offers templates for other files.