[XeTeX] Anomolous handling of parentheses in filenames ?

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Oct 12 21:20:50 CEST 2013

Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Hmmm... no problem here with
>
> This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.5-0.9999.3 (TeX Live 2013)
>  restricted \write18 enabled.
> entering extended mode
> (./Order-of-Service(001).tex
>
> don't know if it's the new version of XeTeX or using TeX Live 2013 on a Mac.

Maybe the former.  I had overlooked the fact that I had had to roll
my production VM back by about six weeks when it became badly
corrupted, as a result of which I had reverted to TeX Live 2011 and
an earlier TeXworks; just tried directly launching TeX Live 2013
TeXworks (which will slave TeX Live 2013 XeTeX) and all worked
normally ...  Very odd !

** Phil.