[XeTeX] Problems in Devanagari typing.

NMPOST7 nmpost7 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 18:18:28 CET 2013

On 24/11/2013 18:02, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 24.11.2013 um 17:27 schrieb Khaled Hosny:
>
>> Huh?
>
> There were a few times problems with Indian scripts reported on this list and I have not yet realised
a new version of XeTeX… Sure, would be nice if they were solved now! Are they?
What are Mr. Venkataraman's problems based on then?

You are right, Peter. The problem I had with Malayalam (Rachana Font) has been
fixed after I updated it. However TexShop does have problem with certainl
ligatures when it comes to Malayalam. However, the pdf renders the ligature
correctly.

Mr Venkataraman is facing a similar problem. Font. As we have seen the problem
is with ligatures.  I need to try this and see what my system delivers.

BR
Suren