[XeTeX] longtable and RTL (Arabic)

Jens Bakker jbakker at uni-bonn.de
Wed May 1 12:53:21 CEST 2013

Dear Persian TeX Group,

Thank you very much for this information. I need the manyfoot package because I need to define more than one footnote layer, as it is needed for example also for critical editions. manyfoot is helpful, too, if you want to apply any kind of footnote mark, not only numerals or characters in a counter. So the manyfoot is a very important package due to many reasons, without it LateX would lack very essential features. But I think for the moment the current solution is applicable, i. e. to use the \FootnotemarkB command within the longtable, to end the longtable environment and to use the \FootnotetextB{} command after \end{longtable}, and then to start a new longtable etc.
This method seems to be necessary also with other environments, as for example Parallel of the Parallel package.

Please see the attached files.

With best wishes and best regards,
Jens Bakker