[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.9999.0 released (OS X and png)

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 13:30:46 CET 2013

2013/3/29 Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de>:

> Am 29.03.2013 um 13:10 schrieb Zdenek Wagner:
>
>> Thus I use basically the TL2012 environment and xdvipdfmx from TL 2012.
>
> You need to run
>
>         sudo fmtutil-sys --byengine xetex

Of course, I did it but forgot to mention it.

> The whole procedure you described can be simplified. Rename in /usr/local/texlive/2012/bin/x86_64 xetex and xdvipdfmx to <same>-orig or such, then hard-link the new binaries, and recreate the formats. Afterwards you don't need to reset PATH.

It is easier for me to change the PATH, I have a small script in
bash+Tcl-TK to switch between various versions of TL. As I posted (and
reported off the list) at http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/xetex-test/ the
development version of XeTeX and GNU FreeFont have serious bugs in
Devanagari, thus I cannot use it in regular work.
> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete
>
> Increase the size of your bike by at least *five* inches!

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz