[XeTeX] XeTeX 3.1415926-2.5-0.9999.2 ps bugs

Daniel Greenhoe dgreenhoe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 02:35:20 CET 2013

Just a heads up note...

I run XeTeX on a Windows 7 platform. I downloaded the 2013-03-27
version of xetex-w32.tar.xz from a w32tex.org mirror and installed the
new binaries on my system, including this one:
  "This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.5-0.9999.2 (TeX Live 2012/W32TeX)"
 I tried compiling a 300+ page book. The result seems to contain
several ps-tricks related errors. A pdf extract from the book is
included. Errors include the following:

  1. The text that should occur in a rotated box on the second page is
not visible.
  2. The box that occurs on the second page somehow also shows up on
some subsequent pages
  3. Some pdf figures in a table on the ninth page have, except for
some text, have disappeared.

I don't want to give anyone too much pressure. I appreciate the hard
work that others have already completed. I am OK using a previous
version of XeTeX. I don't have a minimal example at this point. Maybe
just treat this email as a "heads up" for possible future bug reports
from others.

Dan