[XeTeX] XeLaTeX inside chroot jail

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Mar 27 00:50:18 CET 2013

Am 26.03.2013 um 20:52 schrieb Grigory Kalabin:

> When I run xdvipdfmx -vvv simple.xdv I have no warnings or errors and even
> get pdf, but process finished with 139 exit code.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Your old xdvipdfmx might be able to find some fonts inside the jailed TeX installation. This behaviour is documented for kind of "TeX legacy fonts", probably meaning those fonts pdfTeX would also find.

But xdvipdfmx mostly asks the fonts service to pass this or that font face (or variant), according to the given specification. Maybe you just need to run fc-cache inside the jail…

In other words: xetex and xdvipdfmx can use those fonts fc-list or fc-match can name on the command line.

--
Greetings

  Pete

One of the main causes of dust is janitors.