[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.9999.1 Indic regression

Ian-Mathew Hornburg imhornburg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 16:48:05 CET 2013

2013/3/24 Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa at gmail.com>:
> Well why don't you test it in XeTeX and report it at harfbuzz@ by
> quoting the XeTeX version number?

I’ve done exactly that here
[http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/harfbuzz/2013-March/003058.html].
Wasn’t sure initially if HarfBuzz had testing tools/how to use them,
but got some instruction in using them since my initial post went up.
Once Harfbuzz is compiled locally, the hb-view and hb-shape tools can
be used to view the visual output of shaping and the names/positions
of glyphs returned. Both are well-documented.

I’d encourage other users of Indic scripts under XeTeX to test their
fonts for compliant behavior to the relevant parts of the Unicode and
OpenType standards, since it seems that the Indic shaper will be going
through quite a few changes in the near future as outstanding bugs and
edgecases are nailed down.