[XeTeX] Incorrect Bengali ZWJ behavior and v2 script spec

Yves Codet yves.codet at sfr.fr
Mon Mar 18 18:07:36 CET 2013

Hello.

I had forgotten about ZWJ when I tested Devanagari script, because it's not used in Sanskrit, but in Hindi it is. With the tag 'deva' selected, I get the same result as Ian-Mathew: the sequence "consonant + virama + consonant" is correctly rendered as a conjunct consonant, but the sequence "consonant + virama + ZWJ + consonant" is rendered the same way, instead of "half-form of the first consonant + second consonant".

Best wishes,

Yves