[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.9999.0 released

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 19:40:04 CET 2013

On RHEL 5.9, TLContrib packages don't work:

xetex: symbol lookup error: xetex: undefined symbol: _ZGVNSt7collateIwE2idE
luatex: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by luatex)
luatex: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by
luatex)

RHEL 5 (GLIBC 2.5) dates from 2005 and was expected to be in service 5
years but is still widely used (7 is the new 5).  RHEL 5 can't readily
build the new xetex as the tools are too old, but it looks like RHEL 6 (due
to replace RHEL 5 "real soon now" at many "7 is 5" sites) has GLIBC 2.12,
so if the TLcontrib packages are a guide, should support TL2013:

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Mojca Miklavec <
mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have just uploaded a beta release of 0.9999.x series.
> >
> > The archive can be downloaded from SourceForge page:
> >
> >         https://sourceforge.net/projects/xetex/files/source/
> >
> > There have been quite some changes in this release, and testing is
> > highly appreciated, the more testing the better, but please note that
> > this is a beta release and should not be used in production
> > environments. There are no pre-built binaries right now, but they should
> > be available from TLContrib shortly.
>
> The binaries for many platforms (windows excluded at the moment) have
> been submitted to TLContrib now. You can use
>     tlmgr --repository http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/2012 update --all
> for example.
>
> Mojca

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia