[XeTeX] xelatex error: The font "Code2000" cannot be found.

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Jun 28 21:02:35 CEST 2013

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

>> Thanks. I downloaded it and it works. It seems the English letter font
>> is different from what is available from latex by default. Is there a
>> font that includes Greek letters and Chinese characters, and has the
>> same English fonts as latex?
>>
> What do you mean by "same English fonts as latex"? TeX Live comes with
> more than 27 thousand fonts and all of them work with latex.

By default, LaTeX will set text in Computer Modern Roman.  This is
clearly what Peng Yu means by LaTeX's English font.  If he is now
typesetting in Code2000, then of course the English characters will
no longer appear in Computer Modern Roman.  It would therefore seem
to me (as a non-LaTeX-user) that he will need to take advantage of
either a LaTeX feature or a LaTeX package of which I am unaware that
will allow him to typeset Greek & Chinese in Code2000 whilst continuing
to typeset English in Computer Modern Roman.  I am sure a LaTeX
aficionado can advise him how best to accomplish this.

Philip Taylor