[XeTeX] Ligatures

Jean-Claude Raoult JC.Raoult at free.fr
Wed Jun 19 13:49:26 CEST 2013

Le 19/06/2013 12:23, Khaled Hosny a écrit :
> On Sun, Jun 02, 2013 at 11:53:00AM +0200, Jean-Claude Raoult wrote:
>> The documentation is clear, for people using LaTeX or rather XeLaTeX.
> Presumably because you were reading LaTeX oriented documentation? XeTeX
> documentation itself documents the low level primitives and is macro
> package neutral, though it is a bit anæmic.
>
>> I tried to adapt the doc, and write
>> \font\truc="Linux Libertine O:mapping=tex-text:Ligatures=RareLigatures"
>> or instead of RareLigatures: Rare Ligatures or Historical. Nothing worked.
> OpenType features are accessed using 4-letter tag names, documenting
> those tags is beyond XeTeX documentation since they are part of the
> OpenType standard:
>
> 	http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/featurelist.htm
>
> XeTeX just passes whatever tag you give to the OpenType layout engine.
>
> Regards,
> Khaled

Thank you. This is just what I needed. Incidentally, the tag +liga
yielding ligatures for fi, ff, fl, ffi and ffl is the default.
It shoul be disabled for small caps:
\font\sc='Libertine Capitals O:-liga:mapping=tex-text"
is better. Otherwise, definition and even theorem look strange.

Kind regards to  all.

                 Jean-Claude Raoult