[XeTeX] Latin Modern, from TFM to Unicode

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed Jun 12 01:00:02 CEST 2013

> Well, you could try to run tftopl, a convertor from TFM to an easier readable (TeX) Property List file. You could also look into the AFM (Adobe Font Metrics) file (or the AFT file, whatever it is). Then you'll see the clear names of the font's glyphs and their encoding.

  Except that's irrelevant, as you seem to be saying yourself at the end
of your email: TeX's font encodings are simply different things from
character encodings such as Unicode and other standards such as ISO 8859,
ISCII, Windows' code pages, Shift-JIS, etc.

  And I'm not even sure what you're aiming at in your last paragraph.
Indeed,

> There is no connection from the manifold of font encodings TeX uses to Unicode. If you'll find some, it might just be

  ... that you're calling an apple an orange.

	Arthur