[XeTeX] Strange error

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Jun 9 16:52:12 CEST 2013

Am 09.06.2013 um 14:07 schrieb Sasi Kumar:

> ! LaTeX Error: File `etoolbox.sty' not found.

This cannot happen on an intact system.

You can try 'kpsewhich etoolbox.sty' and you can also try to locate that file with other means on your system (could be /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/etoolbox/etoolbox.sty).

If you can locate that file check your environment whether it has TeX related variables set. Are they (still) correct?

Finally you can run texhash or mktexlsr with super-user privileges. Then 'kpsewhich etoolbox.sty' should return that file's name. And xelatex work again…

--
Greetings

  Pete

We have to expect it, otherwise we would be surprised.