[XeTeX] bidi & eso-pic are broken

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Jun 6 14:00:36 CEST 2013

Am Wed, 5 Jun 2013 22:42:37 +0200 schrieb Khaled Hosny:

> On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 07:14:06PM +0400, Fahad Al-Saidi wrote:
>> I am now using pretest texLive 2013 to test and use the new features in
>> xetex. However, when I use bidi & eso-pic together the page layout is
>> broken. There is a big white space in the right side of the page.  Since
>> wallpaper package uses eso-pic & polyglossia uses bidi package, the problem
>> occurs whenever they are used together.
>
> I don't see any big white space, can you attach your output PDF file?
> (mine attached).

I see the white space in your pdf (and also in my tests): The rose
on the third page is moved to the left and not centered on the
background like in the first page.

The amound of displacement depends on the margins of the document.

I see the problem with bidi v12.2 (TL12) and v13.5 (miktex + TL13).

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/