[XeTeX] XeLaTeX, xeCJK, Japanese: some general questions

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 06:28:27 CEST 2013

Hello Kohda-sensei,

I tried uplatex and the ujbook class. The result is actually very good - even the Japanese fonts have boldface and everything. I have one question: I use

\documentclass[a4paper,11pt,twoside]{ujbook}
\usepackage[japanese]{babel}

This works correctly. In japanese.ldf there is an option "西暦" to switch the year counting to western or Japanese style. How do I turn this on?

Thanks,
Wilfred