[XeTeX] Ligatures

Jean-Claude Raoult JC.Raoult at free.fr
Sun Jun 2 11:53:00 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am fond of (french) typography. Therefore, I would like XeTeX to
automatically change not only fi, ff, fl and the like, but also st and
ct — when available.
The documentation is clear, for people using LaTeX or rather XeLaTeX.
Unfortunately, I do not practice the english proverb "why make things simple
when they can be made difficult"; therefore, I use plain XeTeX, and with
a better result.

I tried to adapt the doc, and write
\font\truc="Linux Libertine O:mapping=tex-text:Ligatures=RareLigatures"
or instead of RareLigatures: Rare Ligatures or Historical. Nothing worked.

Please, think of people using plain TeX. I am certainly not the only one.

Sincerely,

Jean-Claude Raoult