[XeTeX] bold small caps, but no regular small caps

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Mon Jul 29 15:40:44 CEST 2013

On 7/29/2013 7:47 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> This has been explained before on this list. Use the [Renderer=ICU] option:
>
> \setmainfont[Renderer=ICU]{Charis SIL}
>
> and you'll get Small Caps.

This doesn't work.  Still only small caps on the bold, not regular.  I also tried Renderer=OT, but
xelatex reports
--------
! LaTeX error: "kernel/key-choice-unknown"
!
! Key 'fontspec-renderer/Renderer' accepts only a fixed set of choices.
-------
--
	Mike Maxwell
	maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
	"My definition of an interesting universe is
	one that has the capacity to study itself."
         --Stephen Eastmond