[XeTeX] Font Location Issue?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed Jul 24 20:56:48 CEST 2013

On Jul 24, 2013, at 10:25 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> The only thing I notice is the the Stone Sans ITC TT font in /Library/Fonts has no extension and its icon is FFIL (sorry, I don't know what that means) rather than TTF. Sounds like it's rather ancient.
>
> Perhaps the major change in TeX Live 2013 is a complete re-write of XeTeX using modern technology.

I suspect it's more likely to be that the back-end was changed to xdvipdfmx and Mac-resource-fork fonts aren't supported.

FWIW, you can buy the OpenType version of ITC Stone Sans and it'll work w/o difficulty (I tested pretty much the entire Adobe Font Library back when XeTeX was first made available).

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer