[XeTeX] [OT, xelatex] Persian text

Vafa Khalighi vkhalighi at icloud.com
Mon Jan 14 11:58:32 CET 2013

If you are asking how to typeset traditional persian poems, that should not be too hard; all you need is bidi bundle. An example:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Times New Roman}
\newfontfamily\PersianFont[Script=Arabic]{Arial}
\usepackage{bidi}
\usepackage{bidipoem}
\newenvironment{mypoem}{\begin{RTL}\PersianFont\begin{traditionalpoem}}{\end{traditionalpoem}\end{RTL}}
\begin{document}
\begin{mypoem}
خوشا شیراز و وصف بی‌مثالش&خداوندا نگهدار از زوالش\\
خوشا شیراز و وصف بی‌مثالش&خداوندا نگهدار از زوالش\\
خوشا شیراز و وصف بی‌مثالش&خداوندا نگهدار از زوالش\\
خوشا شیراز و وصف بی‌مثالش&خداوندا نگهدار از زوالش\\
خوشا شیراز و وصف بی‌مثالش&خداوندا نگهدار از زوالش
\end{mypoem}
\end{document}

To help you better, I need more details about how you want to format the English translation, Do you want it to be in two half verses? if so, just use traditionalpoem environment for the translation.