[XeTeX] PDF V1.6 too recent

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:30:25 CET 2013

2013/1/10 Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk>:
> My Adobe Acrobat Professional is dated 2006;
> My XeTeX is dated 2011.
>
> Why does my 2011 XeTeX tell me that the PDF version
> generated by my 2006 Adobe Acrobat Professional is too recent ?

Even in TeX Live 2012 xdvipdfmx as default produces PDF 1.5. If PDF
1.6 is included by XeTeX into PDF 1.5, it may cause problems hen the
final PDF is viewed. I am not sure whether xdvipdfmx is able to create
PDF 1.6. Maybe you can instruct your Adobe Acrobat to create PDF 1.5.

>> ** WARNING ** Version of PDF file (1.6) is newer than version limit specification.
>
> Philip Taylor

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz