[XeTeX] sporadic shifted underbrace error

Daniel Greenhoe dgreenhoe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 12:31:08 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:
> I tried to cross compile XeTeX for Windows from my Linux machine,
> the resulting binary is here:
> http://www.khaledhosny.org/files/tmp/xetex.exe
> I don't know if it works or not, I didn't test it.

I didn't find the courage to test this one  :(

The win32 XeTeX website w32tex.org posted a ChangeLog announcement
dated 2013/02/20 stating:
  "(03) xetex-w32.tar.xz
     Update xetex.exe. A known bug in the unicode-math is fixed."

I downloaded xetex-w32.tar.xz and extracted from it xetex.exe dated
texlive\2012\bin and ran
  fmtutil --byfmt xetex
  fmtutil --byfmt xelatex

The new xetex seemed to compile the underbrace.tex test file (see
attachment) with no error.

However, when I tried to use it to typeset a 500+ page document, it
crashed around page 204, and a window reported "xetex.exe has stopped
working"

Anyone have any suggestions of what I should try?

Dan