[XeTeX] pst-3d \ThreeDput does not work with XeLaTeX?

Daniel Greenhoe dgreenhoe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 23:21:36 CET 2013

I cannot get \ThreeDput in the pst-3d package to work with XeLaTeX
(even though it does work with LaTeX). Here is an example

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{pstricks}
\usepackage{pst-3d}
\begin{document}
\psset{unit=10mm}
\begin{pspicture}(-3,-3)(3,3)%
  \psset{viewpoint=1 0.001 0.5}%
  \ThreeDput[normal=1 2 0](0,0,0){\psframe(0,0)(2,2)}%
\end{pspicture}
\end{document}

When I compile with latex --> dvips --> ps2pdf , it works (the box is
"rotated").
(see attachment 3d_latex-dvips-ps2pdf.pdf)

However, when I compile with xelatex, it doesn't work (the box is not
"rotated").
(see attachment 3d_xelatex.pdf)

I do not wish to use any TeX engine other than XeLaTeX, but I do very
much wish to use pst-3d. Is there any solution currently available for
me?

cross-reference:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/47672/how-to-rotate-a-picture-in-3-dimensions
(especially the \psset{viewpoint=1 0.001 0.5})

Many thanks in advance,  ^____^
Dan