[XeTeX] position of items following \XeTeXpicfile

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 18:47:31 CET 2013

This came up on Stackexchange here:

http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/149526/1090

If I include an image using \XeTeXpicfile and then follow it with a box
in the same hlist then the box seems to be oddly offset, and overprints the
following text. If I put the \XeTeXpicfile into its own hbox, the following
box is positioned normally.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if there is some positioning model for this
node that is eluding me, any insight appreciated:-)

Compare the position of bbb in the X2 and X3 cases in the above link, what
causes the negative spacing that makes bbb overprint Y?

The cat image is the one the OP linked to in his question, but actually any
image seems to do the same.

David