[XeTeX] The arcs package

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sun Aug 25 17:00:56 CEST 2013

On 25/08/2013 15:42, Arash Zeini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Since the upgrade to TeX Live 2013, the arcs package behaves strangely. It
> draws the desired arc under the respective characters, but a string like
> "5.0pt" will always precede the characters with the arc. Has anyone else
> noticed this problem?
>
> I have tried this MWE with two different fonts on two computers running
> Debian unstable and a "vanilla" TL 2013:
>
> \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}
>
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
>
> \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Junicode}
> \usepackage{arcs}
>
> \begin{document}
> An underarc: \underarc{ab}. And now an overarc: \overarc{ab}.
>
> \end{document}
>
> Best wishes,
> Arash

Nothing to do with XeTeX: it's due to relsize and shows up with a demo
for pdfTeX. Inside arcs.sty you find

    \let \rs at size@warning = \@gobbletwo
    \relsize{-10}%

but in the latest relsize (dated 2013-03-29) \rs at size@warning takes
three arguments. Thus arcs needs adjusting (probaly should just leave
the relsize code alone): I've CC'd the arcs author.
--
Joseph Wright