[XeTeX] Letterly fonts

Kai Hendry hendry at iki.fi
Thu Aug 1 05:44:19 CEST 2013

On 31 July 2013 22:47,  <mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca> wrote:
> you're writing.  (See, for instance, slide 11 of this presentation:
>    http://ansuz.sooke.bc.ca/temporary/2012-kanji-slides.pdf )

heh

> Usually a font will correctly support at most one Han-script language, and
> an out-of-band mechanism (in XeLaTeX, it'd be a fontspec option) is needed
> to choose between them even for the minority of fonts that support more
> than one.  And Han isn't even a "complex script" in the specific technical
> sense of that term used by systems like OpenType.  You're going to face
> some interesting challenges if you want this to work with Thai, Tamil, or
> Arabic, just to name a few.

Well if you are willing to contribute to the
https://github.com/kaihendry/letterly/blob/master/letter.template I
would be grateful. Though getting pedantic here, I guess letter styles
differ a lot too.

Would be a dream to have one destination letterly.com for the world to
scribble a formatted letter.

Kind regards,