[XeTeX] longtable and RTL (Arabic)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Apr 30 21:56:34 CEST 2013

Am 30.04.2013 um 21:07 schrieb Jens Bakker:

> But this second longtable has another appearance despite the fact that it has the same defined dimension.

Because you're using \hspace{2cm}, which obviously is not used in the first table. It's also not clear what you try to achieve with this. At least the second use is useless. A minimal width of a column is better achieved with an invisible ruler, see below!

> Has anybody a remedy?

Keep it as one table and produce the vertical space you need for separation with an invisible ruler, i.e., \hrule{0mm}{12.5mm}, in at least one cell. Without vertical lines this is easy to realise.

--
Greetings

  Pete

It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
				– Garfield