[XeTeX] Problem with XeTeX 0.9999.2 and includegraphics

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 06:17:25 CEST 2013

 >Avoid file names with an unusual number of dots (unusual is
> everything not equal to 0).

I would say everything not equal to 1. In fact, I am surprised that graphicx processes the file name with two dots correctly. Normally graphicx uses the last dot to be the delimiter for the file extension. Anything that looks like .crop.pdf or so usually does not work. How does graphicx implement the routine to determine the file extension. Apparently it uses some tex-engine specific routines. I never knew that.

Wilfred