[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.9999.2 released

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 01:40:09 CEST 2013

2013/4/13 Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com>:
> On 13/4/13 21:53, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>
>> That's the very reason why I want to run all the tests myself and
>> report only what fails. I can immediatelly see what is wrong but I do
>> not know the Indic OpenType specification and cannot fix the problem.
>> I feel that cooperation is needed and I do wish to cooperate. I can
>> convert my tests to HTML and test them in firefox 20.0 and take
>> screenshots.
>

> And if there are problems with Indic rendering in Firefox, do you file
> detailed bugs about them (with testcases) in the Mozilla bug system[1]
> and/or the HarfBuzz tracker[2]?

It is not that easy, I would have to give them a password to my gmail
account which would certainly violate the rules and I would have to
show them private correspondence with my girl-friend what I do not
like to do. I have no problems with web pages created by me, no
problems with Hindi Wikipedia, no problems with a lot of other web
pages (Hindi newspapers, BBC Hindi etc)

>> Strangely enough, firefox works without any error with FreeFont but
>> gmail and facebook probably supply their own fonts. It worked fine
>> some time ago but now it does not, probably since firefox v.17 but I
>> do not know it exactly. If I want to have correct Devanagari in gmail
>> and facebook, I have to configure firefox to use locally installed
>> FreeFont only, not the fonts supplied by CSS. Gmail's CSS is
>> unreadable by human eyes so I cannot figure out what font is actually
>> used.
>

> Or you could use the fontinfo add-on[3], which should (usually) be able to
> tell you exactly which font Firefox is using for any given piece of text on
> a web page.

Thank you for the links, I will try.

> JK
>
> [1]