[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.9999.2 released

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 13 23:31:18 CEST 2013

On 13/4/13 21:53, Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> That's the very reason why I want to run all the tests myself and
> report only what fails. I can immediatelly see what is wrong but I do
> not know the Indic OpenType specification and cannot fix the problem.
> I feel that cooperation is needed and I do wish to cooperate. I can
> convert my tests to HTML and test them in firefox 20.0 and take
> screenshots.

And if there are problems with Indic rendering in Firefox, do you file
detailed bugs about them (with testcases) in the Mozilla bug system[1]
and/or the HarfBuzz tracker[2]?

> Strangely enough, firefox works without any error with FreeFont but
> gmail and facebook probably supply their own fonts. It worked fine
> some time ago but now it does not, probably since firefox v.17 but I
> do not know it exactly. If I want to have correct Devanagari in gmail
> and facebook, I have to configure firefox to use locally installed
> FreeFont only, not the fonts supplied by CSS. Gmail's CSS is
> unreadable by human eyes so I cannot figure out what font is actually
> used.

Or you could use the fontinfo add-on[3], which should (usually) be able
to tell you exactly which font Firefox is using for any given piece of
text on a web page.

JK

[1]
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Core&component=Graphics%3A%20Text