[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.9999.2 released

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 11:32:47 CEST 2013

2013/4/9 Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>:
> On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 04:37:19PM +0200, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>> 2013/4/9 Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>:
>> > Hi Zdenek,
>> >
>> > For all the failing tests I get the same output from Uniscribe as from
>> > HarfBuzz and the new XeTeX, as such I believe those are font bugs. The
>> > difference is probably because the font now contains version 2 Indic features
>> > which HarfBuzz will always use (there is no way to tell HarfBuzz to use
>> > the old features if the new ones are present).
>> >
>> Thanks for your effort. Steve White tried HTML version of these tests
>> in Windows Vista and FreeFont worked there (he sent me the
>> screenshot). Anyway, your build fails even with FreeFont 20120503
>> (distributed with TL2012) and if I remember well, it does not have
>> version 2 features (but maybe my memory is wrong).
>
> I need his test files then.

I do not have his exact files but the attached file contains his
screenshot. I have typed the text in HTML, you just have to add a CSS
defining the font to be used.

(I have strane problems with Devanagari in firefox in Fedora 17 and
18, everything works fine if I force firefox to use installed
FreeSerif instead of fonts defined in CSS)