[XeTeX] best tips for microtype

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Apr 5 23:28:44 CEST 2013

Am 05.04.2013 um 22:29 schrieb Joe Corneli:

> Is there a way to squeeze more juice out of it?

I think it's possible to cause microtype to use more and finer grained steps…

The best you can do is to create config files about the measure of protrusion for the glyphs in the fonts you are using. The file test-microtype.tex, in microtype's doc directory, can be used for this job (although you'll to modify it for the use with XeTeX). I think it can help to use the package chikenize which will create a grey background for the boxes so that you can see how good your numbers are – but I couldn't yet test it myself.

--
Greetings

  Pete

What is this talk of 'release?' Klingons do not make software 'releases.'  Our software 'escapes,' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.