[XeTeX] Help with Yiddish and ledmac/ledpar

Ricarda Scherschel ricarda.scherschel at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 23 17:58:38 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I'm new to this list and I hope I won't be asking to much.

I am supposed to format a Yiddish play in Hebrew script and its German
translation on two facing pages. That's why I decided to use xetex with
ledmac and ledpar. Unfortunately, I encounter problems I cannot figure out
myself.

So, I need two levels of footnotes. One for a few footnotes the Yiddish
author put into the play in right to left writing. Thus the numbering of
the footnote should be on the right as well as the footnoterule. The other
level of footnotes should be the apparatus with comments on certain words
or phrases.

For now, I cannot get the \edtext… to work which has to do, I think,  with
the right to left script. However, the arabtex-package that should solve
this doesn't work with ledpar.

So I tried to just use "normal" footnotes this, however, conflicts with the
linenumbering and Idon't know of another way to put in linenumbers than
with the lineno package and linelabel/ lineref.

If there's someone who has any suggestions, please let me know! I attached
an example file with a couple of lines for an impression.

Thanks,

Ricarda