[XeTeX] converting to rft or .docx

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Sat Sep 15 18:21:33 CEST 2012

Jacobo Myerston wrote:

> I know this must be a annoying question, but I'm  frequently asked to
> send my texts to others  in  ms word format.  I just would like to
> know what is the best option to do this.

If by "your texts", you are referring to your XeTeX documents, and if
these are marked up using LaTeX markup rather than plain XeTeX, then
you /might/ be able to convert them into RTF, then suck the resulting
file into Microsoft Word and re-save in native Word format.  The tool
that could possibly accomplish this is called LaTeX2RTF, and a part of
its blurb reads :

> latex2rtf translates the text and as much of the formatting information from LaTeX to RTF. Be forewarned that the typeset output is not nearly as good as what you would get from using LaTeX directly. So, why bother translating? Consider,
>
>     You use LaTeX and hate everything associated with Microsoft. Nevertheless, you have to share your documents with people who don't even know that there are alternatives.
>     You like LaTeX and BibTeX. You interact with the rest of the world. Unfortunately, your main collaborator is an unrepentant Word user.

See :

> http://latex2rtf.sourceforge.net/

for more information.

Philip Taylor