[XeTeX] FreeSerif not working for me in Devanagari

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 07:42:14 CEST 2012

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Neal Delmonico
<ndelmonico at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> FreeSerif is a nice looking Devanagari font, but it is
> still not up to where it needs to be in order for me to use it
> regularly.

I hope I'm not wrong but the FreeSerif Devanagari glyphs seem to be
derived from Lohit Devanagari (https://fedorahosted.org/lohit/).

I have had problems with FreeSerif on LibreOffice also. IMHO it is
better to use DejaVu for European scripts and Lohit family for Indic
scripts. I am not saying that the Lohit family is perfect, but the
maintainers are very responsive to bug reports. So you might try and
see whether the Lohit fonts are better suited to your requirements.

--
Shriramana Sharma