[XeTeX] babel

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 21:06:26 CEST 2012

Fontspec manual, para 10.13:

In rare situations users may want to mechanically distort the shapes of the
glyphs in
the current font such as shown in Example 37. Please don’t overuse these
features;
they are not a good alternative to having the real shapes.
If values are omitted, their defaults are as shown above.
If you want the bold shape to be faked automatically, or the italic shape to
be slanted automatically, use the AutoFakeBold and AutoFakeSlant features.
For
example, the following two invocations are equivalent:
\fontspec[AutoFakeBold=1.5]{Charis SIL}
\fontspec[BoldFeatures={FakeBold=1.5}]{Charis SIL}
If both of the AutoFake... features are used, then the bold italic font
will also be
faked.
The FakeBold and AutoFakeBold features are only available with the XETEX
engine and will be ignored in LuaTEX.