[XeTeX] Is there an "include" difference between 0.9996 and -0.9998?

Susan Dittmar Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de
Fri Nov 23 14:24:59 CET 2012

Quoting Mike Pomax Kamermans (pomax at nihongoresources.com):
> On 11/23/2012 2:10 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> >Mimic the layout of the TeX distribution in your private area!
> >/usr/local/texlive/20XY/texmf-dist/tex/latex corresponds with
> >~/Library/texmf/tex/latex. Create in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex a
> >directory mine or Pomax and put your STY files there. No maketexlsr is
> >needed. As a test use kpsewhich to see whether it can find your files!
>
> But is that approach dependent on a *n*x environment, or will that also
> work under the MiKTeX installation for Windows?

The approach is the same for unix, mac, windows.

The actual path depends on your individual setup. If I remember correctly,
kpsewhich can tell you where it searches for the user's personal style
files. On my very old system
	kpsewhich -show-path=tex
gives a very long path which includes (near the end) several optional names
for such directory trees.
	kpsewhich --help
might lead you to even better ways to query this.

	Susan