[XeTeX] horizontal alignment

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 20 17:30:03 CET 2012

These work fine too of course - though I do sometimes find unexpected (and
unwanted) tight interlinear space between \vboxes or \vtops, and between
those and the next (unboxed) bit of text.  Sometimes it's not
straightforward to figure out why this is happening and one can get involved
in \struts and suchlike.  But I quite agree - keep it simple where possible,
and don't get mired down in the intricacies of packages which might do a
huge amount that one doesn't require, and then let one down in precisely the
straightforward situation where one is trying to use them.

John