[XeTeX] problem with the package polyglossia arabic and perpage

Jens Bakker jbakker at uni-bonn.de
Fri Nov 16 00:05:50 CET 2012

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to ask you for help, please: I have just updated TeX Live by TeX Live Utility, and suddenly all my files that I have written with polyglossia using the language Arabic and the package perpage do not compile, while they just compiled a few minutes ago correctly.

The attached minimal example seems to prove that it does not compile when the package perpage is used, because if \usepacke{perpage} is outcommented, the text compiles.

What can I do?

Thank you very much for your interest,
Jens Bakker